Unilever 2019 IT Summer Internship - Toronto in Toronto, Ontario
A better business. A better world. A better you. At Unilever you are more than your job title, you are part of the world’s most successful, purpose-led business. Work with brands that are well-loved around the world, that improve the lives of our consumers and the communities around us. We produce world-leading brands including Lipton, Knorr, Dove, Axe, Hellmann’s and Omo, alongside trusted local names and innovative-forward thinking brands like Ben & Jerry’s, The Dollar Shave Club and Dermalogica.
Work alongside brilliant and inspiring business leaders and colleagues. If you want to feel proud of what you do and make others proud too, join us. Get a glimpse into life at Unilever and discover how you can help make a better business, a better world and a better you.
Background & Purpose of the Job
Looking for highly motivated, independent, and critical thinking individuals who are looking to launch their career in Enterprise Technology and Services (ETS). Enabling and future proofing the business through the use of data and technology is our role. We do this by partnering with technical teams such as Enterprise Applications, Information & Analytics, and external consulting partners to implement innovative solutions and capabilities that will benefit the business and at the end of the day, allow Unilever to succeed in the marketplace. You will have an opportunity to support Unilever’s RPA (Robotic Process Automation) and Data Intelligence initiatives that are challenging, engaging and drives business value with the support of a network of Data and IT colleagues.
Since the ETS organization is a global function, our interns get an opportunity to work with teams across the globe and across multiple business functions such as Marketing, Supply Chain, Finance, and Sales. Individuals that successfully complete our internship program will have the opportunity to return full-time upon completion of their university degree, and fast-track their technical or managerial career within Unilever.
Who You Are & What You’ll Do
Are “Data Analytics”, or “Tech” always topics of interest in your newsfeed? Do you think about how every day challenges could be solved or improved with data intelligence and technology? We look for individuals who have a genuine curiosity and passion for data and technology. Our most successful interns are motivated by technology and are able to solve business problems through data-driven tech innovation. Every day looks different, but you’re guaranteed to learn the importance of information & analytics, creativity, stakeholder management, and driving project milestones in a fast-paced business setting.
- You’re a born leader: You will be responsible for the delivery of your own project. You will have the opportunity to work with both global and local teams.
- You’re a strategy guru: You will have the freedom to make decisions that impact your project. You can make recommendations that will improve overall experience of our business teams.
- You love to win, and have fun doing it: You get to work for a company that has sustainability as a core value. You can see your project come to reality.
- You’re a changemaker: You can challenge the status quo and craft your project to the outcome you desire. You have a support network that will help you each step of the journey.
- You’re curious: You have an appetite for continuous learning, and are excited about developing your data and technology skills.
- You’re empathic: You have great customer service attributes (patience, listening and communication skills and approachable) and have strong empathy for business users.
- Technology liaison across business functions in Canada for delivery of IT Services and capturing demand for new capabilities.
- A special focus on support of Canada’s “Smart Data” business intelligence initiatives and RPA (Robotic Process Automation) solutions for repeatable performed by the business.
- Collaborate with multiple business functions, data science, technology, services teams and individuals to deliver data and technology results.
- Gather requirements, map processes, solve problems, and deep dive into analysis whereas needed.
- Support user adoption of agile and new technologies to help the business run better and faster.
What You’ll Need To Succeed
- Current third year undergraduate pursuing a BA/BSc degree in Applied Math/Statistics, Information Technology, Computer Science, or Business with an emphasis in data analysis and technology
- Enthusiastic about solving complex problems with a variety of analytical tools
- Ability to work with ambiguity, develop creative approaches to analytical problems
- Familiarity with Microsoft environment, experience/skills to lever the services and tools offered on MS Azure is an asset
- Database and programming languages experience and data manipulation using tools such as SQL Server, Oracle is an asset
- Data integration, transformation, discovery, visualization and reporting experience is an asset
- Project management experience is an asset
- Working knowledge and familiarity with the following is an asset: Advanced Excel, Access, MS Power BI, SQL, Python, R, Tableau, Data Analysis, Process Mapping
- Familiarity with software development lifecycle is an asset
- Cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher
The ideal candidate will have the ability to network with people in multiple locations (both in person and virtually), and be able to influence decision makers at different levels in the organization; be both a team player and work independently; manage their own time and projects to meet key milestones; demonstrate leadership capabilities; have the ability to apply creative thinking to challenges and solve complex business problems is important; and good presentation and communication skills will be required as you complete your project presentation to functional leaders at the end of the summer program.
Life at Unilever is a lot of fun – just like our application process!Check out what you'll experience when you apply for one of our internships or co-ops:
Application - Start by completing our simple online application.You can import your details from your LinkedIn profile to speed up the process.You can only apply to one function, so carefully consider which role you would like to pursue before applying.
- Assessment - After your application, if you meet the basic requirements, we’ll invite you to participate in a series of fun games that looks at different cognitive, emotional, and social traits.This will help us find the best fit for you and you will receive personalized feedback after completing the games.
- Digital Interview – Upon successful completion of the assessment, you will be invited to participate in a digital interview where you can solve real-world problems using Unilever scenarios.This will give you insight into our company culture and how we do business.The interview is split into two parts – three short hypothetical questions followed by a business case.You can record and complete your video anytime, anywhere.All you need is a computer or mobile device with access to video recording (usually standard in most devices) and a stable internet connection.
- Discovery Center – Once the interview is complete, we’ll invite our top matches to our offices in Downtown Toronto for a truly immersive experience.You’ll get to experience a number of exciting activities and projects along with your peers, meet our leaders, and receive personalized coaching and feedback.The exercises are designed around a real business case study, enabling us to tap into your potential while giving you further insight into what it’s really like to work at Unilever.
- Please add email@example.com to your safe senders list, and ensure your mobile phone number is correctly entered in your application.Please check your spam folder if you are expecting communication.
What We Can Offer You
Culture for Growth | Top Notch Employee Health & Well Being Benefits | Every Voice Matters | Global Reach | Life at Unilever | Careers with Purpose | World Class Career Development Programs | Check Out Our Space | Focus On Sustainability
Unilever is an organization committed to diversity and inclusion to drive our business results and create a better future every day for our diverse employees, global consumers, partners, and communities. We believe a diverse workforce allows us to match our growth ambitions and drive inclusion across the business.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Persons with Disabilities. Applicants and employees are protected from discrimination under Federal law. For more information, please see EEO is the Law.
Employment is subject to verification of pre-screening tests, which may include drug screening, background check, credit check and DMV check.
If you are an individual with a disability in need of assistance at any time during our recruitment process, please contact us at 1-855-239-5459 or NAAccommodations@unliever.com. Please note: These lines are reserved for individuals with disabilities in need of assistance and are not a means of inquiry about positions or application statuses.
Job: Information Technology
Primary Location: Canada-Ontario-Toronto
Shift: Day Job
Unposting Date: Ongoing
Req ID: 18000HR7