Unilever Regional Development Manager in Englewood Cliffs, New Jersey
Background & Purpose of the Job
The primary purpose of the Regional Development Manager (RDM) position is to execute Unilever Perfect Store strategies and merchandising objectives at retail through 3rdParty Sales Agents (Advantage Sales & Marketing-ASM). They work in concert with ASM’s Supervisor’s and sales force to accomplish Unilever’s business objectives. They develop sustained business relationships with Account Operations and brokers using key Perfect Store performance measures. They ensure ASM have a tracking process in place for both Unilever Perfect Store, Business Priorities (RPMs) and competitive activity. The RDM actively reviews the Perfect Store Compliance and work with ASM/Account Operations to close 6 P gaps.
Who You Are & What You’ll Do
Growth Mindset :This is competitive leadership. Taking the lead in the market place versus following. It's a positive attitude about the company's future — glass half-full —but it's realistic. It's passion for winning. Winning defined as gaining market share. It's placing a fresh emphasis on innovation — challenging the status quo.
Consumer and Customer Focus :This is purpose-driven leadership. It's externally focused — on consumers, on customers. First take care of consumers and customers; financial performance will follow. It's a heightened passion for the consumer: “I firmly believe in improving the lives of consumers.” It's bringing the voice of the consumer and the customer into everything we do. It's seeing our brands through their eyes.
Bias for action:This is action-driven leadership: "This is what I will do." It's speed and sense of urgency in making decisions. But it needs to be thoughtful action, intelligent risk-taking. Also it's not wasting time on bureaucracy — it’s output that counts. And it’s simplifying my agenda, carefully choosing priorities — and not taking on too much.
Accountability and Responsibility :This is performance-driven leadership. "I will deliver against KPIs, holding myself to the highest standards.” I will also hold other people accountable — first by setting clear expectations and then by telling them if they are on the right path. It's staring reality in the eye — doing it with numbers. It's taking responsibility for Unilever's overall performance, not just by delivering my results but by helping other people deliver their results. Finally, it’s personally driving change and using operational discipline to deliver on the promise.
Building Talent and Teams :This is people-driven leadership. It's passion for people. It's having the best people in the right positions, whatever the person's gender or background. It's giving people plenty of room to do their part, and recognizing them for their contributions. It's investing in people's development — giving them feedback and challenging work. It’s also constantly challenging myself to grow and improve. And it's building aligned, cohesive teams that pull together to win.
- Meet 4 P Perfect Store KPI’s for given Region in all Banners within the Trading area
- Assess local market conditions, competitive issues and opportunities, and prepare recommendations as needed for Unilever response
- Achieve assigned targets, including Work With’s, 1:1’s, Perfect Store Compliance.
- Prioritize tasks to ensure time is allocated appropriately between planning and analysis, customer visits, retail, and ASM training and development
- Develop Strategic Relationships with Account Operations personal
- Work in Market with Internal/External partners 3 days per week
- Assess local market performance against the Core of the Core SKU’s and make recommendations to address issues and opportunities in the market
- Lead Monthly Synergy (JBP) Planning process and effectively communicate objectives to the retail sales force and the supervisors
- Lead and coordinate market visits from senior leadership and international Unilever Visitors to the Headquarter Markets
What You’ll Need To Succeed
- Undergraduate degree required
- Be able to manage through 3rd parties
- Develop talent, delegate work responsibly
- Contribution to Company Strategy & Innovation
- Consumer /Shopper Understanding
- Business Planning and Implementation
- Strong interpersonal skills. Be able to communicate throughout the ASM organization
- Team Commitment
- Customer Management and or Broker Management experience preferred
- Experience managing 3rdparties, Retail Store operations, HQ. Sales Experience, and Team Leadership Skills
What We Can Offer You
Culture for Growth|Top Notch Employee Health & Well Being Benefits|Every Voice Matters|Global Reach|Life at Unilever|Careers with Purpose|World Class Career Development Programs|Check Out Our Space|Focus On Sustainability
[*Internal Only*By applying for this vacancy, you are confirming that you have made your Line Manager aware of your application and that you are at a point in your career with Unilever where it is appropriate for you to be applying for other positions.
Unilever is an organization committed to diversity and inclusion to drive our business results and create a better future every day for our diverse employees, global consumers, partners, and communities. We believe a diverse workforce allows us to match our growth ambitions and drive inclusion across the business.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Persons with Disabilities.
Applicants and employees are protected from discrimination under Federal law. For more information, please see EEO is the Law.
Employment is subject to verification of pre-screening tests, which may include drug screening, background check, credit check and DMV check.
Job: Customer Development
Primary Location: United States-New Jersey-Englewood Cliffs-Englewood Cliffs -700 Sylvan
Shift: Day Job
Unposting Date: Ongoing
Req ID: 18000FO9