Unilever Customer Business Manager, Ahold in Englewood Cliffs, New Jersey
Background & Purpose of the Job
Customer Development (CD) is what we call our Sales organization at Unilever. CD works closely with customers to pioneer new products, build categories, and deploy best-in-class retail and shopper capabilities.
The primary purpose of the Customer Business Manager (CBM) position is to develop sustained business relationships and negotiations across all different levels of management and drive profitable sales volume through Ahold-Delhaize. The CBM is responsible for achieving/ exceeding volume goals while maintaining spending goals based on brand and customer joint business plan. They optimize product distribution, pricing and promotions to drive profitable growth for Unilever and Ahold.
The CBM is also responsible for improving in-store and online presence by leading brilliant execution across the extended team of Shopper Marketing, Category Management, Customer Marketing, Retail Coverage, Customer Finance, Business Development and Supply Chain.
Who You Are & What You’ll Do
- You’re a born leader: Manage the relationship with the category managers and interface with Ahold-Delhaize customer; Manage NSV and trade investment by each customer; Manage plan-o-grams and retail initiatives; Manage JBP executions and planning with Team lead.
- You’re a strategy guru: Customize corporate marketing and merchandising programs with Ahold-Delhaize; Coordinate and manage Category Management initiatives; Coordinate Joint Business Plans with Ahold-Delhaize.
- You love to win, and have fun doing it: Drive strategic relationships and accelerated growth, while operating within approved Trade Marketing parameters and driving trade investment efficiency
- You’re a dot connector: Routinely interface with multiple internal and external departments; Balance individual customer needs while ensuring total Market integrity
What You’ll Need To Succeed
- Undergraduate degree is required
- Customer Business Manager preferred; Account Management/Customer management experience within CPG preferred.
- Grocery experience a plus.
- Trade Marketing and Category Management experience is a plus.
- Working knowledge of omni-channel capabilities and eCommerce capabilities
- Working knowledge of Nielsen, AMPS and Customer POS Data is strongly desired
- Must be skilled in verbal and written communications
- Must be able to effectively relate with multiple levels of management, both internally and externally
- Must be a strategic thinker that can work effectively, and in a highly collaborative manner
- Complexity and time management challenges
- Must have strong relationship building and management skills
What We Can Offer You
Culture for Growth | Top Notch Employee Health & Well Being Benefits | Every Voice Matters | Global Reach | Life at Unilever | Careers with Purpose | World Class Career Development Programs | Check Out Our Space | Focus On Sustainability
Unilever is an organization committed to diversity and inclusion to drive our business results and create a better future every day for our diverse employees, global consumers, partners, and communities. We believe a diverse workforce allows us to match our growth ambitions and drive inclusion across the business.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Persons with Disabilities
Applicants and employees are protected from discrimination under Federal law. For more information, please see EEO is the Law
Employment is subject to verification of pre-screening tests, which may include drug screening, background check, credit check and DMV check.
Job: Customer Development
Primary Location: United States-New Jersey-Englewood Cliffs-Englewood Cliffs -700 Sylvan
Shift: Day Job
Unposting Date: Jan-04-2019
Req ID: 18000HCA